Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, February 25, 2011

Where I've Been

I haven't posted for about 3 weeks. At first, life was just busy with work and normal things.

Then a week ago my dad developed pneumonia from aspiration of a food particle. On Sunday I thought we might lose him.

He is hanging in there but is in critical condition and things are very bleak.

We're praying for God's will, whatever it is, and we're praying especially for mercy. Dad can't communicate whether or not
he's scared, but he looks scared.

My mom is still trying to heal from her back and rib injury, and has just gotten a sore throat and cough. She's worn out.
You know the saying: When it rains...

Will post when I can.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    so sorry to hear, Julie. still praying for your parents and your whole family...

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Banjo said…

    Hang in there, Candy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents. Similar events are unfolding with my wife's grandma. We are occupied with being her advocate, when necessary, as well as providing her physical and emotional comfort as she passes through the last stages of her life. She's happy. All she would ask (if she could) is that she is allowed to keep her dignity and to be treated with respect. It's the least we can do for her while the last act unfolds as it must.

    I'm sure your mom and dad are grateful for the love and support you are giving them. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just continue to be present for them, as you have been all along.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Monique in TX said…

    There is no good time or easy way to deal with situations like this. I am glad for your parents' sake that you're close by. I'm sure it means the world to them. Hold on. Folks are praying for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home