Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beer Diary, Bottle #4




Beer: Prairie Path Golden Ale, made by Two Brothers Brewing Company, Warrenville, Illinois

Beer Accompaniment: Scott's arrival home after working 9 days straight. I made him look away as I got out the mystery beer, poured it into a glass, then stuck it in front of his face all foamy and cold. Or, sort of cold. It was in our garage and not quite cold-cold.

Candy: Does it look enticing?

Scott: YEAH. YEAH it DOES!

He tastes it.

Scott: Oooh, it's good. I'm guzzling it.

Always the gentleman, he gives me my sip, which is just as bad as the last beer, and even worse, since it's not ice-cold.

Scott: ---crickets---

(Empty glass left on kitchen counter.)

6 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Way to go, Scott! You keep offering those sips... Makes MY day. = ] xxoo

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    Scott: "Candy, I think you'll like this a little better than the last one."

    Candy: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaackkk... NO!"

    Better than anything on cable, for sure.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. How I would love to walk down that path illustated on that label. I might even enjoy drinking that ale. It would be as blissful as the look on that dog's face in the arms of the kid sledding down a December snow-hill in Anderson, Ind. By the way -- don't you think dogs' eyes are purely beautiful? But, I digress. I am insane, I really am. --S (and I assume that the word verification for this post -- "skinktoo" -- has nothing to do with the taste of beer. :)

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Yes! Doggies' eyes ARE beautiful. Usually so forlorn and earnest.

    SKINKTOO. Oh man, what a great name for a cat. :)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, I was born in Warrenville, IL and spent many childhood afternoons biking and walking with my family on the prairie path. I had no idea there was a brewery in Warrenville. Thanks for sharing this.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Bridgett...I could not believe how many "small town" brews there were to choose from. It was fun just looking at the labels. This one is especially cool. Thanks for commenting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home