Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Monday, January 17, 2011

Beer Diary, Bottle #5



January 15, 2011

Beer: Shiner Bock. This is Scott's "everyday" beer and one of his go-to favorites. Which explains why 18 of the 54 bottles of beer he got for Christmas (I still can't believe how classy we are) are Shiner Bock. In case most of the rest of the stuff I bought him resided at Suckington Manor, I wanted to make sure he had good fallback beer.

Beer Accompaniment: While waiting for the wings to bake, Scott was in one room of the house watching the Steelers game, and I was in another watching college basketball. The most noticeable accompaniment of the beer was the series of blood curdling screams coming from Scott's room. I never noticed before how much he can sound like Sam Kinison.

"GET HIMMMMMMMM!"

(pause)

"What are you DOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!?"

I sat laughing my fool head off in the other room, unable to concentrate on the game. Then I got back into the basketball action for awhile and was yelling my own protests: "Don't screw THIS up too!" while being driven into rabid-dog madness by the smell of the wings in the oven.



Then, Scott Kinison sounds burst into the air again:

"Get him! GET HIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" followed by just a lone, gutteral, choking, man-shriek.
"GHHHHHRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGKKKGH!"

And this during a game the Steelers ended up winning. During a losing game, I fear that Scott will turn inside out.

Anyway, he liked the beer.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucky Scott is not a Colts fan, especially in the last 30 seconds of a playoff game when they are leading. Oh the humanity -- the unworldly screams of 'NOooooooooooooooooooooooo' followed by death gurgles.

    And nobody to cook me wings. --S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home