Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to Feel Young at 53

Go to a class called "Cholesterol 101" held in the evening, one night only, at the local hospital's "wellness education" building.

I was the youngster in the room except for one of the presenters and the high school girl taking care of the coffee supply. I was shining with radiant youthfulness. Did I enjoy it? No. My default emotion is not one of enjoyment. I mostly sat there thinking about the really hard stuff coming in the years ahead. But really, how can you not think of that sort of thing when the topic is coronary artery disease and lipid levels?

They served cake. Why not just a dollop of lard with a swizzle stick skull and crossbones flag?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger radagast said…

    Cake? Really? I mean, I like cake more than the next guy, but have they no sense of shame or irony?

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    It kind of floored me, too. There was a choice of cake or apples. The two bowls of apples sat there like the ugly stepsisters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home