Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Monday, July 08, 2013

Weaving

This book is the biggest, most difficult project of my life thus far. There is so much complexity to weaving the pieces together that I crumble and go lie in my bed in despair about every two hours of writing. I'm getting used to the pattern. The hardest part is to avoid worrying about the Entire Finished Product and instead, just writing the next small chunk and letting things come to me as they do. This mindset does not go well with my angry insistence that I must finish a first draft this summer. It is not going to happen. Especially when I'm working on poetry submissions, too. I would so love to have the focus and stamina to write for 6 hours a day. Maybe I do have it and I'm just a lazy hog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home