Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, February 04, 2011

Shame on Me for Slacking on the Beer Diary! Bottles 6, 7, 8, and 9.




It's not that Scott is downing the brew faster than I can type. I've just been busy with school, and trying to feel my way around the tangle of moray eels that are my new students.

Let's recap:

January 19th

Beer: Phin and Matt's Southern Tier Extraordinary Ale

Beer Accompaniment: Gourmet pesto pizza from a local bar/restaurant/billiards place

I picked up the pizza and when Scott got home from work, I chose his beer. This is fun for me. I don't get out much.

Phin & Matt's was a huge hit with Scott. He loved it. And shockingly, I didn't run puking into the sink after I had my traditional sip. It was milder than many others I've sipped and gagged on, and I even took a second sip. (Yes, I can see the slippery slope I'm unicycling down.) It starts with two sips and ends in rehab.


January 21st

Beer: Ellie's Brown Ale

Beer Accompaniment: I can't remember

I do remember that Scott liked it and it was mild and satisfying. Sounds like an old commercial for Winston cigarettes.


January 30

Beer: Optimator Spaten, made in Munich

Beer Accompaniment: Delicious pasta, prepared by Scott. Rosemary noodles with salmon, asparagus, garlic, and red peppers. Exquisite.

My sip of the beer: Oh HELL no. This is bitter and doesn't even try to be friendly.

Scott: Yes, it's very German in that way.

He loved it, especially with the pasta.

And finally...

February 2

Beer: Xingu Black Beer (Doesn't that name just look foreboding?)

Accompaniment: Scott's misery. A snotty cold, hacking cough, made worse by a long day at work and walking the final block from the city bus in hideous end-of-the-world blizzard conditions.

My sip: Screw it. I don't want any.

His reaction: As soon as I drink this, please shoot me.


I don't think he could taste the beer, but hey, Xingu, thanks for playing.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Chilebrown said…

    I was just checkin in and you are maybe, 'did not run pukin in the sink'. Pregnant?

    Paula or Paula are great names

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    PREGNANT???!!! No! Just grossed out by almost every beer in the world!

    But thanks for checking! Scott will get a good laugh out of this. Hope you and Mrs. Chilebrown are doing well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home