Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Prayer Request

My mom has had the flu for three days, and was just getting better today when my dad got it. He is very sick and too weak to walk, and has just been taken to the hospital. I am 1800 miles away and going insane.

If you have a minute to send up a prayer, could you please send one up for my parents?

I'm especially worried about how alarmed my dad will be by the new surroundings.

Sorry to have such a bleak Christmas Day post.

Love,

Candy

4 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My prayers go up for you and your family. I pray especially for you, Candy; that God may give you the strength to handle what will come in these next days and weeks, as well as the strength to support those who need your support. You are much stronger than you realize and you have much to offer. Be strong and fearless.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Chilebrown said…

    We will include You and your Parents in our Prayers.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whenever I get fearful about something like this, I try to remind myself not to fear things that haven't happened yet. Basically along the lines of the "God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change" I can only hope that might help you like it has helped me. My thoughts are with you.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thank you, Banjo. I really appreciate that. I'm hanging on as hard as I can.
    Thank you too, Chile.

    Dorkafork: very good advice. I've forgotten all about the serenity prayer today. A panicky mind tends to throw out important things.
    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home