Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Our Second Anniversary!

And it has been quite a two years. The happiest of my life, and among the saddest. I've learned big thick lessons about how you have to love life and soak up all the joy as though you are a piece of dry cat food in water, even when family tragedy comes and splashes you out of the water bowl.

Today has been very laid back. We napped, ate some really good pasta that Scott cooked, and are anticipating the return of my visiting sister, niece, and grand-nephew from up around the Grand Canyon. All of us went there on Sunday. Scott and I came home yesterday, incoherently tired but full of Grand Canyon afterglow.

The Grand Canyon. That thing will just shut you up.

A post about our dreadful but memorable honeymoon is here.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Awesome!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys. Does he have a brother? he. Many hugs. Love you. = ]

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Dana said…

    Happy Anniversary! It only gets better...:)

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Tony said…

    The Second is china, right? OK, just say the word and we'll rush this classic gift to you by overnight express (shipping, service, convenience and handling charge not included).

    Heart to Heart Personalized Coffee Mug Set
    $24.95 from Personalization Mall - Our romantic Personalized Mug Set fits together perfectly, featuring sculpted heart handles to complete the romantic design. "His" name will proudly be scripted on the larger mug with "Her" name on the smaller mug.

    I like the idea that HIS name is proudly scripted in big letters, while the woman's mug is smaller--as befits the subordinate vessel.

    So whadya think? (The other traditional gift is something in cotton. Oven mitts, maybe?)

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    If you receive an gift box of dove feathers and garden hose attachments wrapped in nondescript brown paper bags, you'll know who it's from....

    Happy Anniversary!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger MamaMidwife said…

    So after reading the post on your honeymoon, I'm guessing I should take back the gift certificate for a weekend's stay at the Cozy Hideout?

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Tony, I'm SO enjoying my new oven mitts!

    Thanks Dana and Citlali!!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    JWebb, don't the best things ALWAYS arrive in nondescript brown paper bags?

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Mama, I wouldn't stay there again if I was paid a thousand bucks. I'm scared Scott and I will end up in an unsavory video on youtube.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger laurazim said…

    Sorry I'm late, but Happy Anniversary. May they all be wonderfully blessed years!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home