Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, December 26, 2008

Update on Dad

Yesterday the hospital sent him home, even though he was too weak to walk. The wisdom of a small town hospital. My nephew and a neighbor had to carry him back into Mom and Dad's condo.

Today he got worse, got a high fever, and is back at the hospital. He is even weaker. Cannot raise his head off the pillow, or lift a hand to scratch his face. My brother is there from Cincinnati, and my sister and my niece. I'm waiting to hear whether I should fly there tomorrow, or, God willing, he recovers and I'll go later on to be of help.

I keep telling myself this is all in God's hands, and in His timing. So I pray for grace and strength, especially for my mom. I would really like to see my dad again, but if he is ready to leave this life behind, I pray his transition is gentle.

Thanks for listening. I'm blogging mainly to keep sane right now.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Heavenly Father,

    I pray for Julie's Daddy. I pray you will ease his infirmities and grant him a reprieve for the sake of his family. But if it be your will to take him home at this time, I know you will welcome him into your blessed presence painlessly, granting those left behind to share in the joy and happiness of a lifetime shared with and blessed by him. Oh dear Lord, if you take him home, please ease the pain and grieving of those who will miss him mightily, but who will come together in eventual joy knowing he has gone to be with You. Grant them peace and succor, dear Lord. Give his family peace and hope. Grant them blessings in having known him. Bless them all.

    In Jesus name I ask this. Amen

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Citlali said…

    of course, you can count on it. many, many hugs. = ]

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know all the Ranters send love and prayers your way--knowing that you and your family have the courage and strength to endure.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the "Ranter" handle, Tony, and I wear it with pride.

    "natempan". Go for it, Steve!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Whoever did that prayer, anonymously, thank you so much. I read it again and again last night. Email me so I can thank you properly. Please.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Citlali, thank you for being part of the strength I've been drawing on.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Tony, I'm kidnapping you and your wife and bringing you here to live. Forget the Big Apple. You're coming to the desert.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home