Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mental Break

You can read that title two ways, can't you?

Today is a break from writing. Scott did lots of outdoor work: Cut the grass, trimmed the hedges, broke up a bunch of fallen branches and bagged those. I kept him company by working in the garage. We have pictures of the inside of our garage but I'm too embarrassed to post them here. Definite "Hoarders" potential. I have at least part of a good excuse for it. Our house in Phoenix was 2 and a half times the size of this one, thus, lots of crap is stuck in the garage. Unfortunately the rest of the story is that I have way way way too much stuff.

So, today I was messing with the boxes in the garage, some of which have not been opened in the 4 years we've lived here. There are around 200 boxes of stuff and about 80 of those are boxes of books. And just think, I got rid of 600 books before we left Phoenix.

My goal for the summer (one of them) is to get rid of 500 things. I'm only up to 45 since I haven't had time to sift through and toss. Too busy writing.

Scott is of course thrilled any time I get rid of anything. The fact that I've made it well into double-digits is giving him hope. He won't have anything to say about it on Candy Rant because I still haven't told him I'm blogging again. Hiding in plain sight. That's me.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger radagast said…

    Book hoarders. We'll be carrying around our little treasures of paper and ink like Waterworlders with their vials of dry earth.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    HA!! I haven't even seen that movie but know the premise. Now I want to see it just to see the vials.

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who has succumbed to the power of massive book ownership. Egads.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home