Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Even the Things That Crumble Can Eventually Make Us Whole

A good friend of mine is writing at a blog called Transformative Divorce. It's over there to the right, third one down on my blogroll.

Not only is she an excellent writer, but she's one of the most genuine, and generous, people I know. At this point in her life she's trying to unfold the mystery and the pain surrounding her recent divorce, and the pieces of her past that have played a part in all of it. And she's willing to let us witness it.

Although my own divorce was 12 years ago, I find the questions being asked at Transformative Divorce to be meaningful. They hit me in that "Oh, you forgot to think this through, didn't you?" place in my chest.

If you're going through divorce now, or have in the past, or if you just like intelligent, self-aware blogging, go visit her.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just stumbled across your blog while googl-ing the Transformative Divorce (my own is now five years gone).

    I know what you mean about that blog raising questions - her last post has left me pondering if there was anything enriching from my own marriage - I'm sure he gave me something, but even after six years I'm still too angry to see it I guess.

    Anyway --- I enjoyed visiting your blog tonight. It looks like [I read your 'honeymoon' post] you've emerged in very good shape from your own divorce. Congratulations for that.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thanks for reading! And yep, I've been incredibly blessed to find the life I have now. I don't take a single minute of it for granted.

    Boy do I understand your anger. Sometimes I pray to be able to forgive my ex, and all I can muster is "Please help me to be willing to be willing to forgive him."

    It's a start. Good luck with your own path.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home