Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Life Can Be Scary





Scott took these pictures today as he watched a squirrel run for its life.

Apparently one hawk came sniffing around and tried to find it, then left and came back with two of his hawk pals.
They swooped down and tried to carry off the squirrel as it high-tailed it up the tree. Finally he went high enough that they gave up and went to bully someone else.

I can imagine how hard the squirrel-heart was beating.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    I really thought it was an ex-squirrel when I first got back to the window. It was horrible and fascinating at the same time.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The squirrels in my yard keep playing when Coopers come to visit. Their normal prey is small birds:

    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Coopers_Hawk/id

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    I would have NEVER expected these hawks to try to nab a squirrel. But Scott saw it all. I'm really sick of the giant birds around here. Between the hawks and the crows, they kind of run the place.

    Thanks for the link.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home