Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trying to Return to Normal Life

I finally had to come home from Indiana. I changed my flight and stayed longer, but eventually was forced to come back to Phoenix to start my semester. I was so glad to see Scott I could barely think.

My mom is still having a very tough time. She can't stand having Dad in the nursing home. He asks her every evening (over and over and over and over) "Are you staying here with me tonight?" It is brutal for her to have to go home without him. She keeps her remote control close to her, where he used to sleep, so she can turn on the TV during the night when the loneliness is at its worst.

Dad is being well taken care of, and in a rotten situation there is much to be thankful for. Still, the rottenness is vividly apparent.

Until I go back to Indiana yet again, I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with Scott, and to focus on my classes. The teaching routine might be helpful. There might be a few exceptional students who impress me. I read their student information sheets last night. One student I'm pretty certain will not impress me answered the following question with the following answer:

Name three of the best books you've ever read.

"Haha your funny."

8 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry things have been so hard for you. Kind of difficult here, too, but getting better. Know I love you. Would like to hear from you soon. Aniclmn1@wmconnect.com

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Hey there...check your email.

    xoxoxo

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    heartache all around. wow. yeah. jon left for Reno and won't be back for a few months. it truly is hard to get used to not having that person you're accustomed to in your life every day. ::sigh:: I'm following your plan and burrying myself in my work. good plan. I'm right there with ya. Commiserate any time you want. I'm here on the net most evenings during the week. sending more hugs. = ]

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Citlali,

    Boo, hiss, for the circumstances of late. We are due for some happy.
    Hugs back to you. Lots of 'em.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Oh. Dear.

    I'm glad you're home safely, sorry beyond words for the Daddy situation, but is it wrong to be gleefully anticipating more tales of mr. or ms. "yourfunny"?

    The word verification for my comment is "Bleelsg". It kind of sounds like a good description of life sometimes.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Haha your funny"

    Are these actually three separate book titles? I've looked into Amazon's categories of physiologic neurosis, but 12,387 titles are a bit much to filter through.

    Please winnow.

    Love, JWebb

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Jenni, I'm gleefully anticipating "hahayourfunny"'s papers myself. I'm sure they'll be delicious.

    JWebb, I'm taking a correspondence class in winnowing. Will let you know when I'm ready to officially winnow.
    But you and I, winnow what's up.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JWebb- you're obviously not familiar with the "Haha your funny" Trilogy. It's in all the best book stores.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home