Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Update on Mom

The X-rays show that she did break a rib, but probably nothing in her back. It's hard to tell from all the swelling.

Right now her struggle is pain. The doctor gave her some pain pills that seemed to be working for awhile until they made her dizzy and nauseated. Now we're back to Ibuprofen and her pain is significant. It's going to be a long road back. Thanks for any and all prayers.

Like they say: One day at a time.
Like I say: One 5-minute segment at a time.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous twothumbs said…

    love you and thinking of you and your mom. so scary. but if i've learned anything about your mom, it's that nothing should even bother trying to mess with her. i have faith in her recovery.

    also, i'ma have to type "flatio" in the word verification box to post this. so that's cool.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous futuresis said…

    Oh my gosh! Definitely praying for your mom! Also, praying you have a safe trip! Love you!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thanks for the thoughts and the prayers. She's slightly better today but still can't be out of bed for longer than about half an hour. We have a long road ahead.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    Candy, I had no idea. I'm so sorry for your Mom (and you as well). You are both being lifted up to the Lord in prayer; the Great Physician, the Greatest Healer.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Anonymous MightyMighty said…

    I'm sorry to hear this! It's too bad she can't take the pain medication; I think I heard that rib fractures heal fairly fast?

    Either way, more prayers headed your way.

    Love you like peanut M&M's.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Steve B said…

    Sorry to hear about this! You'd think a nursing home would take a little better care of sidewalk traction.

    I'll say a prayer for her, too

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Stacey B. said…

    I feel a pang in my guts for her over not being able to see your dad....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home