Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, December 10, 2010

How I Hate the Winter

I hate it more when I know my mom is out driving and walking in it.

This past Monday as she was leaving the nursing home after seeing Dad, Mom slipped on the ice in the parking lot and fell. She laid there in 12 degree weather for about 20 minutes. Finally she called the nursing home with her cell phone (no, I don't know why she didn't do that first) and the girls there came out and brought her in and covered her with blankets. My sister took her to the ER to get checked out. Nothing broken (they only X-rayed her knee since that was the only thing that really hurt), but she got extremely sore all over.

The pain has now gotten much worse. Today she had X-rays and the twisting and positioning for those was agonizing. I know some of you who come to this blog are believers in prayer. I'm asking you for prayers for Mom. Her physical pain is made worse by the fact that she cannot go see my dad. She is very tough for 88, but this has really messed her up.

I'll be going there tomorrow for a few days to do whatever I can, even if it's only to help her relax while I go feed Dad. I'm praying she has not broken a vertebra or whatever other damage one can do to one's back, and that this is just the rough aftermath of a fall. Like after a car accident.

Thanks for listening.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Anonymous MightyMighty said…

    I'm on it. :)

    Also, I have an idea for something you will find very healing/soothing in your life.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Jackie O. said…

    Have a safe trip tomorrow, Candy. I'm sending up lots of prayers for your mom. Love you.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Citlali said…

    omg. I do hope it's nothing and that she gets all better very, very soon. Sending my love to you all. Many hugs. xxooxxoo = ]

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thank you for being here, Mighty, Jackie, Citlali.

    It's 3:30 a.m. and I can't sleep. Can't stop worrying.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger laurazim said…

    Haven't been around the blog scene for *weeks*. I am so sorry to read about this, and will include your Mom, your dad, and your entire family in my Advent prayers.

    I see by the entry next that her rib is broken, and no doubt you've seen my comment another post above. I'll keep coming back for more, of course.

    Hang in there, kiddo. {{{{hugs}}}}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home