Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Monday, April 06, 2009

Another Use For Powdered Sugar




So my sister emails me this morning and says "I hate you, Candy. It's going to be 90 in Phoenix today and THIS is what we got here this morning. Our high is supposed to be 35!"

And today is the first day of her spring break from teaching.

She thinks I'm stupid enough to believe that it SNOWED in Indiana on the SIXTH day of April. She thinks I won't figure out that she went outside and sugared her lawn just to get me to feel sorry for her.

Sis, I'm onto you. At least next time use flour and you can have a nice gravy yard when it rains.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, well tell the dog that! I should have taken a picture of her after her pee run - her back was totally white with that 'sugar'!!! Besides, I have more important things to do on MY spring break - like changing my sweeper bag!!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Sparrow said…

    It has to be sugar. We didn't even get any snow 7 hours north of Indiana!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    See? Sparrow knows you made this up. I've begged you to get help.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    Obviously it's a forged picture, taken in early December.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Belle said…

    Fort Wayne, IN person writing here. We got two inches of snow in Fort Wayne on Monday. This is true and it was a horrible late April fool.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Telluride, CO person writing here. Over the past two weeks, we've had over a foot of snow. Not that wonderful "powdered sugar" dusting bull crap. No. We've now had two storms pass through that (according to NOAA) resulted in "pink-outs" here from sands scooped up from Arizona and lifted aloft only to snow down upon us in the weirdest Martian like snowstorms I've ever seen. Still got gunky orange crap all over everything now that it's melted. Thanks a lot, Arizona! Rant off.

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Belle, shame on you for being involved with my sister's little made-up story about snow.

    Tsk tsk.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Dear Ranting in Telluride:

    We merely sent that pink sand from AZ because what with all them celebrities you get out there, for skiing and hobnobbing, we thought they'd like the pink snow. Pink is the new Britney, you know.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    Photo from said dust storm;

    http://www.telluridenews.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home