Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, February 27, 2009

Hey...*I* Remember This Place!

I've been in Indiana for a week and have not had time to blog. And I still don't have time. I just stopped in to see if my website was still here. It's driving me crazy because there are many, many details from the Shiny Meadows Nursing Facility that are buzzing and bumping around inside my head like bumblebees in an overturned bucket, and it'll be a few days before I can start letting them out.

It had been five weeks since I'd seen Dad, and I was shocked at his decline. One never knows: Did we get him into the nursing home just in time? Or did being in the nursing home cause the rapid decline? There is no way to determine that.

All I can do is spend lots of time with him. He does still know me most of the time, after I tell him I'm not his wife.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Candy,

    I had the same experience with my mom. Things changed very rapidly once she was in the nursing home and I wondered the same thing - is it her or the nursing home. I guess it will always be a mystery.

    She was only there 6 months.

    You are in my thoughts.

    MLE

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Yeah, we're thinking about you too... We'll keep an eye on the site for ya. It will be here when you catch those bumble bees. I'm sure your dad and your mom are very happy you're there.

    hugs, hugs and more hugs. = ]

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you. Call me. You know where I am, and I'm in the book. Love and hugs, Anita

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Steve B said…

    {{sob}} You're back! I, er, I mean WE missed you so much {{sniffle}}. I...I thought...I thought maybe it was something I saaaa-aa-aa-aaaaid {{baaawwwl}}

    {{sniff}} I'm okay now. {{hooonk/blow}}

    Seriously though. No candy? No rants? What AM I to do with myself? Actually work? Pshaw!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again, call me. You know where I am and I am in the phone book. Love you, Anita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home