Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nobody Ever Seems to Know Where the Years Go, Do They?

Today I got together with my favorite professor from my undergrad years, Mike. I only see him in person every 2 or 3 years and it's always like walking into a space where there is no time.

But of course there is time. I could never have imagined, while sitting in his literature class as an 18-year-old that I'd be sitting with him 35 years later in a Pizza Hut in a random small town in Indiana, catching up on our lives. (Mostly because I could never have imagined being this old. I couldn't even fathom being 30.)

He's on the short list of the people I truly trust. I think there are three of those. I'm very happy to have that many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home