Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Historic Location


For Scott and me, anyway. This is the view from the covered bridge where he popped the big question back in August of 2006. I'm lucky the big question wasn't "Why don't you just leave me alone, freak-girl?"

We hadn't seen the place in the winter before, so we made a quick stop there today on the way back from my hometown.

As my mom would say, "That water sure looks cold."

In warm weather she would say "I'll bet there's snakes down there bigger'n your arm."

In any case, it was a romantic shiver Scott and I shared today.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    Very romantic, but I can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years - how quickly time slips away. I remember how you two used to flirt on ST back in the day. And if there were any snakes in that river, you would've found a stick and done kilt its scaly squirmy bad ass. God bless you both.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    HA! I think my momma woulda been the one what woulda kilt it. I'd have been over in the pukeweeds peeing my pants. :)


    God bless you, too. We loves our JWebb.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous jenni said…

    Awww...that's so sweet. I wish I could revisit the romantic-to-us places my hubby and I shared way back when, but that would require a passport and lots of money. *sigh*

    I'm so glad his question was the RIGHT one!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Gail Storey said…

    Hooting at what your mom woulda said, and it resonates fabulously against the loveliness of the occasion.
    http://gailstorey.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home