Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas


First, my very favorite short poem. By Ron Padgett.

"December"

I will sleep
in my little cup.


This poem always makes me happy. It sounds so cozy, doesn't it? Sleeping in a little cup where no one will bother you and no problems will be able to fit in there with you. You'll be all curled up and sleeping and oblivious.

We wish you many moments like this in 2010. Peacefulness. Being at rest. Far, far from despair.

We also wish you a very Merry Christmas, wherever you are.

May God's richest blessings flow down upon you and bring you to a new, wondrous place within yourself.

Love,

Candy and Scott

9 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Dear Candy & Scott: What a lovely thought, napping in a cup, why not? I wish you many cozy cup naps this coming year and much happiness for you and yours. Oh, and many, many BIG hugs!! Merry Christmas from Mexico City. Much love, citlali = ]

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Chilebrown said…

    Merry Christmas to You and Scott! I would like to add a little to your poem.

    I will sleep
    in my little cup
    after eight egggnogs

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger E. said…

    Ron Padgett! One of my favorite poets.

    Merry Christmas to you and yourn.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thank you, Citlali! Hope you're having a great time in Mexico City!

    Chilebrown, dang. Nice addition! (hic)

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    E., I love Ron Padgett too! Gotta get his books out and read them again.

    He's insane.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    Wonderful poem. But at this time of year, I can't help but marvel at God's plan for saving us all. Israel was expecting a conquering Messiah - The One who would usher in the kingdom in one fell swoop and right all wrongs with military might and righteous judgment. A conquering king long awaited by the prophets of old.

    But God had other plans. He sent us a baby.

    Amazing. Merry Christmas to all.

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    It IS amazing. I watched "The Nativity Story" the other night (and made Scott watch it too) :).

    It was great. A true illustration of what it must've been like. See it. The Australian girl from "Whale Rider" plays Mary.

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You amaze me. Merry Christmas. And God bless us, cups and all. Love, Anita

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish you and Scott much peace and joy in 2010. And lots of sunshine for Scott!

    the rabbit

     

Post a Comment

<< Home