Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Month Passes

Or just a day SHORT of a month since I darkened the door of this blog.

My life has been fragmented and happy and busy and uneasy and strange and OK and rotten and joyful and drenched in grief.
In other words, the usual.

I'm in my old job and I did really miss it, but I can't help feeling that I've just stepped out of a 2-year suspended animation. Like Phoenix never happened. And neither did Mrs. Fossilfuel or living in 116 degree heat or losing Hankie. Or all the other stuff that really did happen. The way my family went TILT.

Recently, a new tilt there. My sister and I have not been speaking for three weeks. It was horrible. I have had exactly one fight with her, ever, 5 or 6 years ago, and it was over in one day. This one? Not even a fight. Just a sickening parting of ways. Long story, too personal.

Tonight, about 20 minutes ago, she and I both, at the same moment, started to cry over missing one another. I went to the computer to write her. She had emailed one minute before. If I hadn't stopped to pee, we'd have bumped into each other in cyberspace. It's always about the bathroom with me.

I'm convinced that God had a hand in this. The timing was too exact. Scott agrees. He says "God called it a draw."

I have nothing big to say. I'm just glad I get to be, and have, a sister again.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Wow, that is too fucking cool. It would break my heart if my sister and I ever quit talking to each other. I'm glad you guys are ok.

    Good to read you. Say HEY to Scott. Many HUGS. = ]

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    Hey, Citlali! Miss you and the groovy state you live in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home