Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, May 25, 2007

Stonehenge and the Old Horse

Stonehenge: My house.



There are dozens of intricate stacks of packed boxes. Brown like stones. Towers of boxes. It is creepy living among them. Druids will be here soon.



The Old Horse: Me. I have sorted and packed and run errands and made phone calls and done yard work and sorted and packed and carried giant bags of stuff to throw away and cleaned out my office and gotten new tires on the car and have stayed up all night for many nights in a row, packing, then sleeping from 7 a.m. to noon. I feel like a pitifully old swaybacked horse who is dragged toward the track each day, whipped by a sadistic little tight-crotched jockey as I froth and wheeze to the finish line of the daily derby. Then I am allowed to lie under a tree in the pasture, just long enough to figure out which part of me hurts the most. Today it was my left hoof.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Candy! Wish I could help you.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "... just long enough to figure out which part of me hurts the most."

    Brilliant.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Domhan said…

    This gives me chills--the image of movers in Druid robes coming to carry the stones from one life in the east to another in the west. Oh, wow. Those chills again. Thanks, Candy. Beautiful.

    -Domhan (previously ck)

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To those of us who read Psychology Today, the thinly disguised sexual imagery is disturbing. Take two tabs St. John's Wort and call Scott in the morning. You'll feel much better.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger prairie biker said…

    Can I be the jockey?

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Belle, I wish you were here too!

    CK/Dom Druids don't give me chills...they just remind me of Spinal Tap.

    Tony. You saw through my imagery. I gotta disguise it more.

    PB...That job is taken.

    Scott: I'll see YOU later...

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home