Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another Mensa Vote for Sorority Girls

On our giant campus, you can almost always locate a couple of sorority girls shaking their donation cans, piercing the ozone with their shrill, nasally, needle-y, cheese-grater-on-the-eardrum voices, begging for change for some wonderful philanthropic cause that will look like a sweet glistening bon-bon on their surfacey, meaningless resumes.

This is what I heard coming out of the glittery, lip-glossed, overlicked mouth today:

[shake shake shake, sound of coins in a can]

"Help support cancer!!!!!"

[shake shake shake]

"Help support can--- um, I mean, Give money to cancer!"


I am forming a plan to leave the planet.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I come with you?

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    I'm saving you a seat on the mothership, Scott.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Gail said…

    They were all over campus and the ALL LOOK ALIKE

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger mgm said…

    How about when the shake their cans and say "Spare change for child abuse . . . "

    No thanks, I just abuse children myself. No need to give you spare change to do it for me. Jeez! How lazy do you think I am?!?

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger sparrow said…

    No. Nooooooooo! Take me with you!

    LOL@ mad grad mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home