Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Thursday, August 08, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

OK, it wasn't long enough to be a vacation: only three days. Scott and I went to L.A. so I could give a poetry reading for my favorite literary journal that I finally got published in. There were three featured readers. I went last, was terrified as usual, but it was over before I could even process that it had begun.

More about all this later. Just wanted to get a post up to show that I hadn't flown the coop again.

Here is one of my favorite parts of the trip. A Venice Beach dog with 80s rock band hair. This is him thinking over my offer to give him a french fry if he'd sing a couple lines of "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. 


3 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger radagast said…

    Well, if the rest of your tale is as ripping as the bit with the dog, we'd better have it then!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the poetry reading! I want a t-shirt with a picture of that dog on it. lz

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    I want the dog!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home