Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The World's Most Poorly-Timed Phone Call

I called my mom today, on her cell phone. Checking to make sure she got to her mammogram appointment OK.

I was in a clinic myself, two hours away from hers, waiting to get my finger X-rayed. She answered the phone and we did that "I can't hear you" thing back and forth. She hung up. I walked outside the clinic to get better reception and called her back. She answered:

"My boobs are in a PRESSURE COOKER right now!"

"Holy sh*t!" I said. "I'll call you later."


Tonight when I spoke to her, she said that with the new mammography machine, they put BOTH of your boobs in to squash at the same time.

"And you answered the phone TWICE???"

"I thought it might be important," she said. "The nurse heard you yell 'holy sh*t.'"

4 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger laurazim said…

    Oh my GAWSH! Um, I don't even answer the phone when I'm sittin' in the loo. Can't imagine even having my phone within reach with the girls in such peril! Your mom must be one heck of a tough cookie!!!

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    She IS tough! There's no way I'd have answered the phone!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger MamaMidwife said…

    Howy Cwap!!

    Why do people answer the phone when they're busy??

    My husband once answered the phone when he was at work - as a concrete worker. I said, "Hi. Whatchoo doing?" He said, "I'm in a hole right now trying to pour some concrete. What do you need?" WTF? Why are you answering your phone if you're IN A WALL?? He says, "Why are you calling me? I figured it might be important."

    Word verification: lavilum

    As in: "Put your boobies in this machine and it will lavilum." (cred goes to laurazim for this, since she's sitting on the couch next to me)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    HAAAAAAA! Yet another bad place to answer the phone: in a hole pouring concrete.

    Nice pun about "the girls," girls. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home