Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mini Vacation


During Scott's week off, a couple days after we hung out with the chipmunks, we went to Palm Springs for one night to get together with some friends from L.A.

We stayed at a whiplashingly beautiful resort (here is a view from our suite), with 49 swimming pools. Do you know how many we got to swim in? None. We got there just in time for dinner and took off the next morning. But it was still great. Dinner and hours of conversation were the main events. We ate at this frou-frou place called The Rattlesnake Club, and they made a beet and lettuce salad that was magic. It arrived on its plate like a little glowing red pyramid and made me want to do somersaults around the table. The "reverse" lobster ravioli was good enough to make you throw a brick through the window. And I won't go into the halibut. Because if I went into the halibut, that would mean I'd been ingested by a fish. When it was the other way around. And THAT was good enough and tender enough and succulent enough that I wanted to slash someone's tires.

I'm starting to realize that magnificent food leads me to vandalism and gymnastics.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    As good food should.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger c . . . said…

    the gymnastics being, i believe, more out of character than the vandalism?

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Normally I combine them.

    The chainsaw beam. (Dismount is tricky here.)

    And my arson:

    The uneven chars.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Good food is dangerous. It should come with a disclaimer.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess that explains why you threw a petrol bomb at my car after we had dinner at your favorite Mexican restaurant.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger c . . . said…

    ouch, candy. that hurt.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    yes, I agree with mel. we're on your side. it's perfectly normal to have that reaction to culinary perfection. = ]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home