Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sometimes the Enemy Comes to My House. Sometimes I Go to Her House.

The enemy, of course is SUGAR. Yummy sugary treats.

Last night I went out late and got a pint of Breyer's chocolate ice cream. I ate it. 4 servings. Right. 4 servings for a flucking Lilliputian.

Today was a rough day. Bad gear day as my boyfriend says. I stopped at Steak 'n' Shake and got a large, creamy, exquisitely good chocolate shake. DAYUM those are good.

So yes. Sometimes I bring the bad creature here, lure it into my den of iniquity. And sometimes I just go to its cave/drive-thru and pull it out by the hair. And eat it. Don't make anything sexual out of that.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Candy. You are truly ruled by the debbul.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Ana Martin said…

    Okay. So you're going on vacation. Driving. You know where you're going. It's the beach. It's beautiful. Blue water, white sand, paradise. And as you're driving you accidentally get off in Detroit.

    Get back on the highway.

    Detroit was not your destination.

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Yes, Scott, I got that debbul chocolate bitin' at my heels.

    Ana, that is a GREAT way to look at it. You need to write a book of that stuff. No lie.

    I have to gas up and pull out of Detroit Rock City now.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ana, you're a genius.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog! I found it while googling nutella which is, by the way, an entirely separate food group unlike any the USDA has thought up. What else could taste so good...but look like dog shit carefully pressed into a jar? And dog shit pressed into a jar might actually be more healthy than Nutella.

    Ana--what a wonderful gift you've given Candy. "No, this is not your destination. Keep going. You meant to go thataway." Elegance.

    Candy, keep up the focus. I've heard that much can be overcome with Yin Yoga (especially the slow stretch of the ham strings). Paul Grilley has written a book about it. He's amazing.

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Bonjour ChubbyKnuckles! And welcome to Candy's own personal hell. I live here in this obnoxious pink blog and rarely take my head out of the Nutella jar long enough to venture out into the world of sunshine.

    I admit, I am a practicer of yoga. Only once a week. But it's one 90 minute segment when I'm not sucking the life out of a Butterfinger. Thanks for the book suggestion. I gotta go look at amazon right now for that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home