Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Still Digging Out

One thing I've learned about clutter: When you try to do something about it, it gets worse before it gets better.

As I've been sorting things and organizing and pitching, I of course have had to dump out various containers of papers, knock over precariously stacked piles, and as I watch it go terribly more awry, I reassure myself that this will all be better when I'm done. Scott seems to have the utmost faith in me about it and sometimes his confidence in me even starts up a tiny flame in my willpower fireplace before my pessimism blows it out.

I was reading a book on clearing out clutter last night. It is one of seven clutter books I own. I can only find 3 of them. One of those missing is titled Clearing Your Clutter with Feng Shui. And I swear to you that years ago when I first owned that book, I misplaced it and actually bought a second copy. My friends made much sport of this. I liked this book. I don't buy the woo-woo part of it so much, but it had some good suggestions for getting rid of stuff. I even got my mom interested in the book, and when she went to Books-a-Million and they didn't have it, she wrote me and said "So feng shui to you, too."

Back to the clutter book. I was reading about how, when you start clearing out your junk, you make room for "miracles." As the piles disappear, you'll suddenly find exactly the right piece of paper that you need. Or you'll get a phone call with news you really need to hear. Good things will flow into your life. Keep in mind that word "flow."

What has flowed into my life today? The washer's dirty water. It backed up into the bathtub and we are screwed. My feng has apparently made a bitch of my shui. A plumber will have to come here and I am now questioning all this digging out. The clutter was protecting us but there's no turning back now. I've pissed off the hoard-goddess and she convinced our washer that we must be shat upon.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger radagast said…

    "My feng has apparently made a bitch of my shui"! I feel a bit guilty for laughing when you are ankle deep in shat, but this is hilarious.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    The plumber is on his way. I can just hear him saying "Yeah, you gotcha a problem with yer shui. We see this a lot."

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Steve B said…

    "My feng has apparently made a bitch of my shui."

    So writing that one down. Snorfle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home