Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Monday, August 26, 2013

Maybe I'm Just Getting Old?

My college classroom today. A writer's workshop, 18 students. One of the things I put in my syllabus is a list of guidelines for classroom conduct, and one thing on the list asks them not to go in and out of the classroom during the class period. (Sometimes they just drift in and out at their whims.) One small, cute girl pipes up: "So how does going to the bathroom work? Can I just get up and go piss?"

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger radagast said…

    Well, as long as they stay offa your lawn! Glad you survived the first day.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Dang kids!!!!!! Hope your semester is going well!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "You darn kids get offa my lawn!!"

    Sorry. Had to.

    Have you made the initial short list of, uh, "favorites" yet? Inquiring minds want to know. *I* want to know. And I hope you heard those two phrases just like you were seeing the commercial in the '80s. :D

    lz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home