Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Friday, July 05, 2013

The Annual Treat

Just once a year when the carnival is in town, I have a candied apple. They've been my favorite "fair" food since I was little. Something about the red glowiness of it, the crackly red coating like a king's grand robe over the lowly peasant apple. I walked over to the last hour of the carnival with my niece and her son, and we ate sugary sugar and then some sugar. The great-nephew was the winner of Most Glucose Intake: he ate a bag of pink and blue cotton candy that was a foot and a half tall, and washed it down with a Coke. And then he did push-ups. He's 16. He's like a frickin' colt running as fast as he can from one end of the meadow and then back again just because he can.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How is a candied apple different than a caramel apple? I love me some caramel apples. We get them at a local orchard in the fall. Aaaaaaand now I want one. In August.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Candied is the red, hard, CANDY around it. The kind you break teeth on. Has been my favorite since I was too little to eat a whole one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home