Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Creepy

I couldn't go to sleep last night. Third night in a row of lying in bed for 2 hours completely unable to quiet my brain. I was just about ready to get out of bed and go watch TV, around 1:30, and suddenly someone rang our doorbell three times really fast. Imagine the adrenalin rush. I jumped out of bed and looked out the window in the bedroom and saw no one. Scott can sleep through anything, so I had to wake him up. We walked out to the living room, leaving all the lights off, and were standing near the front door when something suddenly bumped against it from the outside. I called the police. A young (scary young) cop showed up from a block away and said he hadn't seen anything. Was it post-4th of July asshattery or something more sinister? I wish we had a device on our front stoop that turned the cement into a human-sized glue trap. Then we'd know who it was, wouldn't we?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger radagast said…

    Asshattery is always a good bet. But especially, fireworks + alcohol = asshattery.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    I don't usually vote for asshattery, but am hoping that's what it was. It seems SO much creepier at 2 in the morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home