Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Final Season


I went to Indiana to spend 4 days with my family, and Scott showed up Sunday morning to surprise us. It was a really, really good surprise. I missed him like mad, and my mom hadn't seen him in a couple months because of a new job he started. He's being an uber-geek at a local TV station, doing camera work, "master control," and all things geek. He is enjoying the pressure of pushing the right button at the exact right time and trying to not to turn off the entire station.

The bad thing is that it's an ABC affiliate and he works in the evenings, AND he works the evening that "Lost" is on! This is our favorite show to watch together and he can't avoid watching it while he's at work. Because he is such a smart man, he's asked for May 23rd off. That's the series finale of "Lost." Some friends of ours actually had the ridiculously bad idea of having a "Lost" party, where we'd all get together and watch the last episode together. No. NO NO NO!!! This is a sacred episode and no humans may speak during it except the ones on the screen. I barely even trust Scott enough to allow him into the room to watch it with me. Once, a few years ago, there was an "incident." It involved the end of a fantastic movie, which turned out to be the best ending of any movie I'd ever seen. And someone ruined it. I won't say anything more, except that there is a bit of a trust issue now. Because one of us waited until the last two minutes of the movie and did something about as distracting as setting off a nuclear missile in our living room while tap dancing and shaking some maracas and butchering a cow at the same time. I didn't mean to say anything more, but I just did, didn't I? Maybe that's because to this day I cannot even speak the name of the movie without screaming and pulling out fistfuls of my hair and setting something on fire.

Anyway, we are already mourning the loss of "Lost." Best show EVER.

May 23rd? Pajamas, popcorn, and an off-screen silence in our house that will rival the core of the Earth.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    "Because one of us waited until the last two minutes of the movie and did something about as distracting as setting off a nuclear missile in our living room while tap dancing and shaking some maracas and butchering a cow at the same time."

    To fully divulge my atrocious actions, I got up to go to the bathroom. A hanging crime by any standard.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Oh, how he doth tone down the facts.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just be thankful that your Significant Other is not a crazy Labrador Retriever who goes berserk -- barking like a junkyard dog -- every time he hears a car horn or a doorbell that comes from the TV program I'm watching. You might not think there are many car horns and doorbells in great shows, but you'd be wrong. What's more insane is I have to leave the room and pretend to check for the "source" before Man's Best Friend will shut the F' up. I'm envying the nuke, the maracas, the tap dancing and the butchering. :)
    __Steve

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! I can just see you getting up to go "check" for the source.

    Best laugh I've had all day.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger MamaMidwife said…

    Scott - you know you're not allowed to pee when something important is on.

    Candy - I done gave you the "Sunshine" award over at my blog. 'Cause you make me dang happy.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Belle said…

    I'm dying to know the name of the movie. No clues even???

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    "Lost" is done. *sniff*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home