Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trying to Schedule Some Breathing Time

I'm hoping for one day next weekend when I don't have to work on ANYTHING. No lecture prep for teaching, no unpacking, no computer classes, nothing that requires more energy than the remote control and/or turning the pages of a book and/or burrowing into my bed like a frightened weasel would entail.

So get ready, Scott. Your cable days are numbered. When I take that day off, you will be forced into cold turkey: No "Ice Road Truckers" or "Man vs. Wild" or "Pawn Stars" or "Colony" or any of those other shows you've recently discovered. I knew cable would try to steal our souls and eat them like a shovel-full of mice gnawing on two little packets of stale Quaker Oats.

Yesterday I turned the big five-oh. A week before that I weekended with 7 girlfriends from my undergrad days. Lots to write about. When I can. And if I can stay away from the TV. Curse you, Animal Planet.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Scott P said…

    I'll trade you- one hour of "Meerkat Manor" for an hour of "American Chopper". Take it or leave it.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous mles said…

    Happy Birthday a few days late! Call when you have a minute - We are in the same county now - it's time to get together!! I could unpack a box or two for you if that would help! ;-P

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Hey! Happy Belated!!! Oooh, the seduction of cable. Be very, very careful. I don't know if Netflix is better or worse. I get all the cable shows but I watch hours at a time of one show, uninterrrupted. Sounds worse. Ok, don't listen to me. I'm in no position to give advice... sigh. Hope you get that TV day you're wishing for. HUGS. = ]

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous banjo said…

    Happy Birthday Candy! One of these days I'm gonna have to sit down and communicate. . . . . I'm still with you. I can see you from where I'm sitting, but these days I'm watching from the sofa and it will have to wait for a commercial break. Dancing With the Stars starts this week!!! Ooooh, I just CAN"T wait!!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    No deal, Scott. I get all day Sunday. Even if I have to tie you up.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    mles, I'll call as soon as I come up fpr air!
    A box or two HUNDRED would help!

    Kidding. Anyone touches my stuff and I cry.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Ah yes, Citlali, you of the Netflix illness.

    I also love watching a boatload of one show all at once.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Banjo, HOW could anyone resist Dancing this season? DONNIE OSMOND is on it!!!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Monique in TX said…

    My big problem with Animal Planet is that the on-screen ordering just doesn't work. Every time I try to click to order one of those cute snow leopard cubs or a red panda or something, nothing happens. What a rip-off.

    WV stalne. Playing for time. Quit stalne and give me my tiger already

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Monique, the control buttons on my Animal Planet don't work EITHER! I tried flipping the switch to send a dog-abandoner down through my trap door to hell. And it WOULD. NOT. OPEN.
    Yeah, that animal police thingie show gets to me. My mom and I watch it and talk about what we'd do to the heartless people. We go on for hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home