Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Thursday, April 30, 2009

R.I.P., Mrs. Fossilfuel

Some of you are familiar with the very elderly woman I took care of for awhile last year. While I was traveling last week, a friend emailed me and said she'd heard that Mrs. Fossilfuel had recently died, ten days after her 100th birthday, which was on February 22nd. (There was no funeral service, because she had outlived all her friends and most of her family.)

I wrote quite a few posts about my time with her. The time she finally let me wash her hair.

Getting to spend her 99th birthday with her.

And one of the worst job experiences ever, at least in the category of Fecal Purgatory.

I hope you're floating around free and happy, Mrs. Fossilfuel. I will never forget you. My memories of our time together are fond ones, even though you eventually fired me. And even though you forbade me to throw away your semi-used Poise pads, because "we might want to use them around the house."

7 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Citlali said…

    Fitting eulogy -- brutally honest and funny to boot. I hope she's happy too. hugs = ]

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous JWebb said…

    Maybe Mrs. Fossilfuel fired you because you were a caring stand-in for her execrable sorry excuse for a son, whom she could not fire. Rest well, Mrs. Fossilfuel. You were blessed to have Candy...

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Belle said…

    Rectal pinata-one of the best examples of imagery ever.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger E. said…

    And even though you forbade me to throw away your semi-used Poise pads, because "we might want to use them around the house."

    Gahhh! Deliver us!

    And rest in peace, Mrs. Ff.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bles Ms. Fssilfuel. May she strike oil. Love, Anita

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Ana said…

    Mrs. Fossilfuel is now a regular reader of Candy Rant in heaven and she loves it. Further proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger MamaMidwife said…

    I must've missed the posts in the links. Rectal Pinata!!! HA! I also like "explosive brown lava". I can't get that one out of my head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home