Candy Rant

"I killed a rat with a stick once."

Sunday, September 15, 2013

500 and Counting

According to Blogger, this is my 500th post.

It's a random Sunday and the biggest event of the day has been a wave of grief I've had going off and on all day, missing my dad and having involuntary short sobs visiting me out of nowhere.

I've wished so many times that my dad would send me some kind of a little sign that he's around. I know people who have had that happen. I have an email from an online friend I've never met, telling me about a piece of her dad's old army gear showing up in the laundry on important dates. I kept that email and have read it over and over.

From this tiny blog with very few readers in the vast and turbulent ocean of the internet, I dedicate this 500th post to you, Dad. So many hundreds of times I've imagined walking into the nursing home to see your face again, and to hear you say "Where you been?"

6 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my friend. {{{{hugs}}}}

    lz

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger radagast said…

    Congratulations on 500! Hope happier days are ahead.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Thanks, lz and radagast. I get these pretty regularly. I guess there's no getting around missing him, regardless of how long it's been.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After reading post #500, I think your dad just paid you a visit.

    MKW

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Candy Rant said…

    Wow. I didn't think of that, MKW.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous oneavid said…

    I know this is late, but people talk about pennies showing up after a loved one dies. A few days after my Dad died, I got into the shower. I was buck naked and leaned back to wet my hair. I heard the sound of coins and looked down to see two pennies on the floor of the shower. I want to believe it was my Dad who was responsible for that, as I have no idea where they came from. I look for pennies in strange place all the time now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home